It was a treat to once again bring in the New Year at BMHC Lab playing with Bobby Sanabria & Sexteto Ibiano. The abundance of love in the air was tangible and sometimes overwhelming. The Bronx Music Heritage Center is committed to preserving and promoting Bronx music, cultivating Bronx artists, spurring neighborhood revival, and providing free cultural programs for the community. The Bronx is, and has been, home to many great musicians of just about every genre.
The band boasted several historical jazz and Latin-jazz masters!
- Bobby Sanabria (Master of Ceremonies, drums, vocals)
- Hiram “El Pavo” Remon (vocals, percussion)
- Gene Jefferson (saxophone, flute, vocals)
- Silvano Monasterios (piano, vocals)
- Andy Eulau (bass, vocals)
…with two very special guests: